Warm Weather Training Camp 2016
Brighton Tri Club is going on it's first ever Warm Weather Training Camp in March 2016. All club members are welcome.
What is it?
First and foremost this is a way to kick off the winter blues and spend a week focusing on your fitness and Triathlon-specific skills. Training with your club members and coached by an expert team, you will put in more distance on your bike and in the pool than you thought possible; your group riding skills will increase immensely, your swim endurance and pace will measurably improve and you'll go home brimming with enthusiasm for the Summer and races to come. There is no better way to learn, train and improve than on camp - that's why even the Brownlees desert sunny Yorkshire at this time of year!
Come February next year you will be training in the dark, spending too much time indoors and longing to feel warm. Imagine then, spending a week not just cycling and running in the sunshine, but swimming in it as well!
For our first ever camp we have a capacity of 18 athletes. With well over 200 club members we expect interest to be high, so don't delay in booking your slot!
When is it?
The camp will be from Saturday 5th March to 12th March 2016.
Where is it?
Our Warm Weather Training Camp will be based on the island of Mallorca, where the average March temperatures are mid-teens and nine hours of sunshine per day. Specifically we will be based in the beautiful bay of Can Picafort on the northern coast in the lovely Ferrer Janeiro Spa and Hotel. This is a hotel that really understands what athletes need and as well as being ideal for our camp activities they have in addition more than 30 different sports classes a week, such as Yoga, Pilates and Spinning.
What Should I Expect?
- A flexible training programme to help you achieve your objectives catering for everybody from beginners to seasoned athletes.
- Guided bike rides with experienced coaches showing you the island and the fantastic mountains of Tramuntana.
- A secure on-site bike garage and mechanic. Quality bike hire available
- 25m outdoor pool with 4 lanes. Individual swim analysis.
- Running sessions to improve technique, endurance and speed
- Transition training.
- Comfortable, clean and spacious twin rooms.
- Half board catering. Buffet style breakfast and evening meals with calorie, fat and protein content all labelled, pasta party for athletes 5pm each day; bike pack of energy snacks for riders.
- Hotel gym free of charge & free entrance for the Hotel Spa.
- Plus, a week away in Blue & Gold with your friends from Brighton Tri Club!
How Is It Being Run?
This is a Brighton Tri Club exclusive training week, but we are taking advantage of a new venture by club stalwarts Mike Porteous (Brighton Tri Club's own Head Coach) and Santi Brage (Coach and general Cycling Legend). A joint venture between their two businesses, ZigZag Alive and BoxMyWheels, The 'Mallorca Experience' is being offered by Mike & Santi for the first time in 2016. In their capable hands we will be sure of a fantastic week's training and an experience finely tuned to our club culture and ethos of inclusivity, friendliness and co-operation.
If you're looking to take your bike to the camp with you we can organise a great deal on a hire bike box from BoxMyWheels to keep your bike safe in transport. Alternatively if you would like to hire a quality road bike in Mallorca, let us know in the form below and we will get in touch to give you prices and options.
What Will It Cost?
Based on a minimum of 12 athletes attending the camp (you are welcome to bring non-training partners to stay with you in the hotel - prices can be agreed separately) the cost per person for all of the above benefits will be £520. Flights and bike transport to Palma is separate to this. Currently Easyjet from London Gatwick <-> Palma for these dates will cost £81 return, and bike transport with the airline will be a further £75. You are responsible for booking your own flights and bike transport as required!
How Do I Book?
Firstly, register your interest in the camp by clicking on the button below so we can manage numbers and expectation. Once you have done that you need to pay the deposit of £180 to secure your place on the camp. Doing so asap is highly recommended in order to ensure that you have one of the limited places for this brilliant week away! Having paid your deposit, go and book your flights asap to get them for the best possible price.
When you have completed the sign-up form please pay £180 to the following account. The remainder (£340) will be due no later than 1st January 2016.
- Account: The Mallorca Experience Tri Camp 2015
- Sort Code: 40-14-01
- Account Number: 31548816
- Deposit Amount per person: £180
Recommended Flights via Easyjet. Remember, the earlier you book your flights, the cheaper they will be!
- London Gatwick to Majorca (Palma), Saturday 5th March 2016. Departs 11:30, Arrives 14:45
- Majorca (Palma) to London Gatwick, Saturday 12th March 2016. Departs 15:20, Arrives 16:55