7.30pm on the 28th June 2017
Brighton Tri Club are very pleased to be running a one off, free Aquathlon. If this is an introduction to multisport we're confident you'll never look back! A swim in the sheltered waters of the King Alfred Leisure Centre seafront pool, followed by a run along the promenade bathed in glorious evening sunshine. Perfect! Aquathlon is also a great way to sharpen up if you're more experienced.
Our aim is to get anyone involved and have some fun on a Summers evening.
Sounds pretty good?
Is it really for me?
Go Tri King Alfred is open to anyone aged 8yrs or over whether a Brighton Tri club member or not. Go Tri events are a great way to get outdoors, test yourself in safe conditions, have some fun and try something new. However, if you've done triathlons before you'll be at home with us as well as the series is a great way to build a "water brick" into your training schedule and sharpen up your transitions!
The adult event is a choice between either a novice; swim 100m (or 4 lengths of the 25m pool) or standard; swim 200m (or 8 lengths) both distances are followed by a run of 3km.
Children will race ultra short sprint distances depending on age group.
- RED wave (a) 8yrs - 1 length swim (25m) followed by a run of 600m
- RED wave (b) 9-10yrs - 2 lengths swim (50m) followed by a run of 1.2km
- BLUE wave 11-12yrs - 4 lengths swim (100m) followed by a run of 1.2km
- BLACK wave 13-14yrs - 6 lengths swim (150m) followed by a run of 1.5km
- 15yrs + can race either the novice or standard Adult distances detailed above
Ages are based on the age you will be on the 31st December this year
Wave age categories are for guidance, children can move to longer distance waves if they are confident with them and parents consent.
Please note that by registering your children you are agreeing to the following;
- That your child/children is/are fit to take part in the event
- That your child/children participate entirely at their own risk
- That you relieve the event referee/organisers/personnel of any responsibility for injury sustained to your child/children as a result of participation howsoever caused
- That your child/children agree to abide by the rules of the Event Briefing /British Triathlon Association/GoTri; and
- That you will remain at the event venue during the activity.
Where is it, again?
King Alfred Leisure Centre, Kingsway, Hove, BN3 2WW.
Do I need any special kit?
All you need to compete in a GoTri events is a swimsuit (no nudity allowed, I'm afraid!), a pair of running shoes and a t-shirt or something else to run in, but do remember that your time for the event is taken from the moment you start swimming to the end of the run - so drying between your toes and donning your slinky run gear will be counted! In all seriousness though, wear what you are comfortable in. The crowd will cheer you over the line whether you're in Lycra or cotton.
I'm not sure if I'm fit enough..
Can you swim 4 lengths of a 25m swimming pool without stopping? Can you run/jog for 15-20 minutes? If so you are more than capable of completing a GoTri event. It's a challenge, of course, that's why it's worth signing up!
Do note, however, that if you have pre-existing medical conditions and you're not sure about how you will cope with the event, please do get an opinion from your doctor. Safety first!
Brighton Tri Club reserves the right to change/ substitute/ shorten the course at the event if there is bad weather. This is to ensure that the event runs safely. We regret that no refunds will be possible in such circumstances.
If for any reason, Brighton Tri Club cancels the event, an alternative date will be put forward and competitors notified. Competitors can then choose to enter the rescheduled event.
Brighton Tri Club regrets that due to the nominal fee involved and the administration required to process substitutions, no substitutions are permitted.