Hot on the heels of last years successful event 2017 will see us returning to Steyning. Once again we will have a fully chip timed race with timer results available from a mini printer within moments of finishing. The swim is again an indoor 'snaked' pool swim in a 25m pool followed by lapped bike and run legs on the Steyning Grammar School playing fields. There are age group categories for novices and for more experienced children. The event is part of the Triathlon England South East Junior Series 2017.
Terms & Conditions
Brighton Tri Club uses the British Triathlon 'TriConnect' system to process race entries. The Terms and Conditions of that system should be read in conjunction with our own Terms and Conditions below.
By entering yourself or another participant into the chosen event you accept that this event is conducted under the rules and conditions of The British Triathlon Federation ("BTF") and agree to acquaint yourself with, and abide by, those rules and any instructions issued by the organiser. You declare that you are fit to take part in the event, and understand that you take part entirely at your own risk and you relieve the organiser of any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage sustained to either your person or property as a result of your participation. A copy of the latest British Triathlon Federation Race Rules can be found by clicking here.
If you are entering another participant into the chosen event, you retain the responsibility to acquaint the participant of these conditions.
If you are entering an a participant whose age is below 18 years on race day or at the time of entry you need to be aware of the following;
- For junior participants whose age is below 18 years on race day or at the time of application, a higher duty of care exists and is maintained for the participant as the responsibility at that time of the person performing the transaction to complete the entry process.
- By definition, the card holder is 18 years or older and assumes the principle guardianship responsibility of consent and evaluation of suitability for participation from their knowledge of the individual. This will include an understanding and implications of the health and endurance requirements to participate in the event(s) in question as well as an appreciation of an event’s race practices and course.
- It is expected that for these situations, the card holder adds their detail prior to submitting the completed web application form. This does not infer that the duty of care remains wholly with the person conducting the transaction, but rather in their compelling judgment and responsibility in this issue.
- Nonetheless, the event itself is run under the British Triathlon Federation sanction whose certificate is only issued once the whole event has received a detailed risk assessment and scrutiny. In this way, the duty of care by way of the event organiser and officials is persisted through these measures.
All competitors are required to ensure they are physically fit to take part at the level entered.
All competitors must ensure a road worthy bicycle is used and that all parts of the cycle are in good working order e.g. the brakes, the gears and that the tyres are suitably inflated.
Lost or damaged property
Lost or damage to property is at the owners own risk during the event.
You agree that all photography and video filming taken during the event may be used for future advertising and marketing purposes. This may include publishing event pictures on the Brighton Tri Club website and future marketing promotional material.
Full refunds, less a £5 administration fee, are available up to 60 days prior to the event.
Between 59 and 30 days prior to the event a 50% refund, less a £5 administration fee, is available.
Brighton Tri Club regrets that due to all of the set up costs surrounding the event, within 30 days of the event, no refunds are applicable.
To claim a refund based on the criteria above please email email@example.com
Brighton Tri Club reserves the right to change/ substitute/ shorten the course at the event if there is bad weather. This is to ensure that the event runs safely. We regret that no refunds will be possible in such circumstances.
If, for any reason, Brighton Tri Club cancels the event, an alternative date will be put forward and competitors can choose to enter for the new date or receive a credit towards another Brighton Tri Club race. All credits will lapse after 12 months following the date of the original race.
No substitutions are allowed.
How we use your information
Information submitted via our event entry systems is kept securely in digital format and is used only for the administration of your entry and participation in the event. These details will not be shared with any other or third party except under the following situations:
- Registering day licence membership details with the BTF as required for DAY MEMBERSHIP. Such detail is specified by the following statement: 'As a condition of your day licence membership, you agree to the details of your name, address, telephone number and date of birth being forwarded to the BTF for the purpose of registering your day licence membership'.
- In administering your entry and based on the information you supply, your name, team/club detail along with an estimated start time will be published for each event entered in the web 'entries so far' page.
- All participants agree that his/her personal data can be disclosed to the BTF, in order for the BTF to log their race results for the purpose of providing membership services only and for the compilation of anonymised statistical information.
BTF and Day Membership
You must be a member of the BTF, or hold a Day Membership licence (which will be issued electronically for non-BTF members) in order to take part in a BTF sanctioned event. For members, you will receive a refund at registration of the day licence levy on production of a current BTF licence. For non-members your day membership is included in the entry fee for the race in question. Day licence/BTF membership provides you with Third Party (Public) Liability insurance, provided by the BTF's insurer which will indemnify the member in respect of a successful Third Party claim made against them. The policy generally has an indemnity limit of £5,000,000. It is the applicant's responsibility to satisfy themselves that such indemnity and cover is sufficient.
As a condition of your day licence membership, you agree to the details of your name, address, telephone number and date of birth being forwarded to the BTF for the purpose of registering your day licence membership. This forms part of your conditions of entry which you agree to by ticking the "I have read & agree to abide by the conditions of entry" box. You further agree to abide by the conditions of membership and rules of the BTF, details of which are published on http://www.britishtriathlon.org.
If you subsequently become a member of the BTF, then on production of your BTF licence at registration, your day licence levy will be refunded and a note of your BTF membership taken. In all cases, BTF licence details will be checked against those supplied during the application process. However, failure to produce a current BTF licence at registration where a BTF licence number has been supplied during the application stage will automatically invoke the day licence levy against the competitor. No exceptions can be permitted.